I call this holiday soup because it tastes and smells like a holiday meal. I have it all of the time because it is the BEST soup I’ve ever had! It is tasty and healthy.
1.5 tbsp garlic, minced
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1 cup celery, chopped
0.5 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup potatoes, cubed
14oz butter beans, canned
14oz kidney beans, canned
14oz adzuki beans, canned
0.5 cup nutritional yeast
0.5 tsp dried thyme
0.5 tsp dried rosemary
0.5 tsp dried basil
0.5 tsp dried oregano
2 bay leaves
0.5-1 tsp black pepper, freshly grounded
0.25 cup vegan butter
6 cups water
1 bag Tinkyada gluten-free shell pasta
salt to taste*
- On medium-high, place the butter in a large pot. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic, onion, and herbs. Once they are golden, add the water. Boil the water on high.
- Once the water is boiling, add the vegetables and the nutritional yeast. Lower the temperature to medium-high again. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or when vegetables have softened.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in a separate pot by following the instructions on the package. Cook el dente! Rinse with cold water.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add the beans, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- When the soup is ready, you can add the pasta in, but if you are using gluten-free pasta, I recommend add the pasta to the soup when you eat to avoid mushy pasta.
*I used Mia’s Salted Veggies made with Himalayan salt, which I got in Prince Edward County, but you can use regular salt.