This is another simple meal I go to when stretched for time. I love Asian noodles in soup! There are so many options for this soup. Try it with rice noodles, millet noodles, dumplings, or even gluten-free conchiglie (shell pasta)! Add your favourite veggies and protein too.
Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free
Serves: 2-3 Time Needed: 30 minutes
Ingredients For the Soup:
7 cups Water
1 Onion bouillon
1 tbsp Tamari
1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
Toasted black sesame, to sprinkle
Salt to taste
- Cook your preferred gluten-free noodles following the instructions on the package.
- While your noodles are cooking, prep your veggies and protein of choice (see Notes below).
- When the water is boiling, add the bouillon cube, tamari, sesame oil, and salt.
- Lower heat to medium-high. Add your veggies. Cook for about 5 minutes (depends on your veggies).
- Add noodles to the soup and veggies and cook for about 1 minute. Pour noodles and soup in large bowls. Add protein/kimchi. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Veggies & Protein:
In the picture here, I added ½ of a small cabbage and some kimchi. It was a late dinner so I didn’t feel like adding protein. But here are some other suggestions:
- Shitaki mushrooms + arugula/spinach
- Julienned carrots + spinach + bean sprouts
- If you’re REALLY stretched for time, you can add frozen veggies
- I love the flavour of Ying Ying’s Organic Curry Gourmet Tofu. Just pan-fry them and add them on top of the noodles. When I have more time, I make my own tofu (marinated tofu will be another post!)
- Up for some fushion food? Believe it or not, adding gluten-free falafel balls to this dish is super yummy. While you’re preparing the soup, you can toss a few in the toaster oven.
- Add your favourite dumplings to this soup and there’s a meal with some protein and veggies
It tastes so much yummier with itJ