Not only is this simple salad tasty and nutritious, but it’s also easy to make! It can be served as a side salad or a main meal.
Vegan + Gluten-Free
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 14oz can of butter beans, drained
1 28oz can of kidney beans, drained
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup nutritional yeast*
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup curly parsley, chopped
1 cup celery, sliced finely
Salt + pepper to taste
- Drain cans of beans.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Stir a couple of times.
*Nutritional yeast is a vegan staple. It provides a nice “cheesy” flavour to foods. Plus, each cup provides:
- 16 grams (g) of protein
- 6 g of fiber
- 23.7 milligrams (mg) of thiamine, or vitamin B-1
- 19.4 mg of riboflavin, or vitamin B-2
- 11.8 mg of vitamin B-6
- 35.2 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin B-12