Our kind neighbour shared some cucumbers from the garden with us. I decided to make this slightly spicy salad. Bites of cold, crunchy cucumbers bursting with garlic and sesame flavours. Yum!
Serves 2-3 Time Needed: 10 minutes
2 large pickling cucumbers, cubed
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp raw sesame seeds, toasted
1 tsp tamari
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp sea salt
1 pinch of sugar
- Mix the garlic, rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, vegetable oil, chilli flakes, sea salt, and sugar in a small bowl with a small fork.
- Pour on to cucumbers and mix well.
- Sprinkle green onions and toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Bon appetit:)
- I stored the cucumbers in the fridge so they were nice and cold.
- These cucumbers absorb flavours really well and quickly. Leftovers may be saltier.