This mild curry is inspired by my mom’s “Chinese-style” cooking when I was growing up. It is packed with flavour and protein. Try it out:)
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Serves 4-6 Time Needed: About 1 hour
10 cups of vegetable broth
42 oz chickpeas, canned
1.5 cups green peas
1.5 lbs potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes
2 medium onions, diced
5 oz baby arugula
½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
1.5 tsp curry powder
1.5 tsp turmeric
1.5 tsp coriander
10 curry leaves
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp gluten-free flour
1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Add oil to pot. Adjust to medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add onions. Cook until onions are slightly yellow. Stir to prevent sticking.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, coriander, curry leaves, and chilli flakes. Stir.
- Add the vegetable broth and adjust temperature to boil. Cover.
- When broth is boiling, add chickpeas, peas and potatoes. Lower temperature to medium-high again. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the gluten-free flour and the water. Mix until smooth. Pour into curry and stir.
- Add nutritional yeast flakes and arugula to curry. Stir. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice. Enjoy!